You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Remote

Can I use my 61W MacBook Pro adapter to charge my remote? I have the correct cables but not sure what adapter to use.

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 6:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 8:52 PM

The remote will ask a low wattage (less than 5W). The watt power rating of the adapter is more like a maximum that it can give. The big ‘brick’ for the MBP is fine for charging the Siri Remote (3rd generation) with USB-C.

You can also charge the Siri Remote from a USB-C port on the MacBook Pro, if you like.

Charge the Siri Remote - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2023 8:52 PM in response to BettyBoop-1955

The remote will ask a low wattage (less than 5W). The watt power rating of the adapter is more like a maximum that it can give. The big ‘brick’ for the MBP is fine for charging the Siri Remote (3rd generation) with USB-C.

You can also charge the Siri Remote from a USB-C port on the MacBook Pro, if you like.

Charge the Siri Remote - Apple Support

Apple TV Remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.