Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep notifications in to my iPhone instead of my Apple Watch when I’m not wear my Apple Watch on my hand?

How do I keep notifications in to my iPhone instead of my Apple Watch when I’m not wear my Apple Watch on my hand?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 2:38 PM

Greetings mushlih_31,

Here is an article about when notifications on your Apple Watch are expected, versus receiving them on your iPhone. Notifications on your Apple Watch However, that should only come in to play when you’re wearing your Apple Watch. 

When you’re not wearing your Apple Watch, are you seeing the display light up showing your notifications or hearing it make a noise to indicate a notification has come in? Are you ever receiving notifications on your iPhone as you’d anticipate such as if your watch is charging or locked? 

Let’s also make sure we’re covering the basics, because we don’t want to overlook those. 

Restart both devices and test again

Restart your iPhone

Restart your Apple Watch

Make sure both devices are up to date

Update your iPhone or iPad

Update your Apple Watch

Thanks. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2022 2:38 PM in response to mushlih_31

Greetings mushlih_31,

Here is an article about when notifications on your Apple Watch are expected, versus receiving them on your iPhone. Notifications on your Apple Watch However, that should only come in to play when you’re wearing your Apple Watch. 

When you’re not wearing your Apple Watch, are you seeing the display light up showing your notifications or hearing it make a noise to indicate a notification has come in? Are you ever receiving notifications on your iPhone as you’d anticipate such as if your watch is charging or locked? 

Let’s also make sure we’re covering the basics, because we don’t want to overlook those. 

Restart both devices and test again

Restart your iPhone

Restart your Apple Watch

Make sure both devices are up to date

Update your iPhone or iPad

Update your Apple Watch

Thanks. 

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.