Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch international roaming

International roaming is said to be possible with Watch OS9. I am from Finland, now in Spain, and I can’t get it working. My watch 7 connects to Vodafone and few others but they all do the same. I get Green light with 4G, but after 10 sec connection cuts. To me it looks like handshaking problem but I don’t know. I have my iPhone in that cellular networks without any problem. It looks like any cellular accepts my phone but not my watch.

My operator claims that the multi SIM Service works properly. I try first connect iPhone to cellular, then the watch to the same network.

Have I done something wrong ? What is the right way then?

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 3:42 PM

Hello Mattsson01,

Roaming is determined by the carrier on cellular devices. From Set up cellular on Apple Watch:

To get international roaming on your Apple Watch, contact your iPhone carrier to add your watch to your iPhone cellular roaming plan. For international roaming to work on your Apple Watch, your carrier must support VoLTE and roaming. Not all carriers support international roaming on Apple Watch and coverage in other countries is determined by your carrier.
To turn on international roaming, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch. Tap Cellular, then turn on Data Roaming.

Note that unlike iPhone, there isn't a worldwide Apple Watch model that supports all cellular bands used globally. Find out which carriers in your country or region offer cellular service for Apple Watch.

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2022 3:42 PM in response to Mattsson01

Hello Mattsson01,

Roaming is determined by the carrier on cellular devices. From Set up cellular on Apple Watch:

To get international roaming on your Apple Watch, contact your iPhone carrier to add your watch to your iPhone cellular roaming plan. For international roaming to work on your Apple Watch, your carrier must support VoLTE and roaming. Not all carriers support international roaming on Apple Watch and coverage in other countries is determined by your carrier.
To turn on international roaming, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch. Tap Cellular, then turn on Data Roaming.

Note that unlike iPhone, there isn't a worldwide Apple Watch model that supports all cellular bands used globally. Find out which carriers in your country or region offer cellular service for Apple Watch.

Cheers!

Apple Watch international roaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.