Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to identify songs with Siri in Ventura

Trying to identify some songs using Siri. Before Ventura, I played the song I wished to identify with Audacity and Siri would listen and mostly provide an answer as to song and artist name.

Now with Ventura when it listens it seems to cut off audio, and then says can not identify song. I've tried very simple songs as test with same result. It appears that when Siri response to "What song is this." the audio, I've played songs using Audacity or Music, is cut off and thus as it hears nothing, can not provide answer. Like said, using same procedure before Ventura this worked just fine.

Any thoughts or suggestions?? Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 7:41 AM

Hello Arftjr,

Let's identify if the issue is related to Siri or if its with Shazam, which is the function that actually identifies the song. First, test how Siri works with other requests like asking the weather or to dictate a message. If that works, then download Shazam from the App Store and use the app directly to try and ID songs.

Let us know the results!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2022 7:41 AM in response to Arftjr

Hello Arftjr,

Let's identify if the issue is related to Siri or if its with Shazam, which is the function that actually identifies the song. First, test how Siri works with other requests like asking the weather or to dictate a message. If that works, then download Shazam from the App Store and use the app directly to try and ID songs.

Let us know the results!

Nov 22, 2022 9:05 AM in response to ShannonM1

THANKS MUCH!! Resolved my issue, tho not in way I initially thought. Regarding Siri. Siri works for normal inquiries. It was just that it appeared to mute sound output, either from Audacity or Music, when I asked it to identify a song. Thus it could not hear the song and give a response. Before Ventura I would just ask Siri what song it was and Siri answered. No longer appears to do this under Ventura.

I had seen info on Shazam and had tried to find it; googled it and looked in App Store. The only app I found was only for iOS, not for a desktop Mac. Your link brought me to a desktop app that works just fine on my Mac. Just tried it out a few times and it identified some test songs just fine. Actually works better than how I had to do things before Ventura.

Still don't know why Siri now works as it does. Just must be related to changes made to app under Ventura. But I rate my problem fully resolved.

Again Thanks much for your assistance in this matter.

Trying to identify songs with Siri in Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.