Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toggling a Window — a change (or bug) in Ventura? (German QWERTZ-Keybord)

Hello, since a few days I'm using Ventura 13.0.1 on a MacBook 14" M1 Max and I noticed that the shortcut for toggling a window in an app — "CMD+<" — doesn't work anymore. Now it is "CMD + ' " ... see picture below.

I suspect this is because the key position " ' " on a QWERTY keyboard is the key position "<" on a QWERTY keyboard.

As a right-handed person, I find this very annoying, as I can no longer use the shortcut with my left hand.

Maybe it's just a bug that will be fixed with the next update of Ventura.

I have not found a way to change the shortcut in the system. Maybe someone from you?

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 2:15 AM

I understand how this is inconvenient.

FWIW, I just tested in a mac running Big Sur and it behaves exactly in the same way, not something new in Ventura, apparently.

You could try adding your own shortcut in System Settings->Keyboard

Click the Shortcuts button, add a new one, type exactly the text as it appears in the menu (it’s in the Window menu in the Finder).

Enter the desired shortcut Command-<

Test. Let us know if it works.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2022 2:15 AM in response to MacMartyW

I understand how this is inconvenient.

FWIW, I just tested in a mac running Big Sur and it behaves exactly in the same way, not something new in Ventura, apparently.

You could try adding your own shortcut in System Settings->Keyboard

Click the Shortcuts button, add a new one, type exactly the text as it appears in the menu (it’s in the Window menu in the Finder).

Enter the desired shortcut Command-<

Test. Let us know if it works.

Toggling a Window — a change (or bug) in Ventura? (German QWERTZ-Keybord)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.