Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Battery

My MacBook Pro 2017 battery appears to be draining whilst in shut down mode.

I used it whilst charging, and it was almost at 100% when I shut it down. Less than 24 hours later I tried to turn it on but there was no battery.

I plugged it into my power adapter (Belkin).

I got a service recommended message my battery health, but this disappeared shortly, and the health returned to ‘normal’.

After 5 to 10 minutes of charging the battery reads at 100% and is draining normally.

I noticed the battery was too low to turn on my MacBook the previous time I’d tried to turn it on, also - but hadn’t remembered whether it was low when I shut it down. So this has likely happened twice.

Does anyone know what may be wrong?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 11:43 AM

TechnologyRepeller wrote:

I used it whilst charging, and it was almost at 100% when I shut it down. Less than 24 hours later I tried to turn it on but there was no battery.
I got a service recommended message my battery health, but this disappeared shortly, and the health returned to ‘normal’.
After 5 to 10 minutes of charging the battery reads at 100% and is draining normally.
I noticed the battery was too low to turn on my MacBook the previous time I’d tried to turn it on, also - but hadn’t remembered whether it was low when I shut it down. So this has likely happened twice.

?

Belkin...

Identify your Mac power adapter - Apple Support

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working

if no insight on your Intel Mac—

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

no resolve—

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

Get help with your Mac laptop battery - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2022 11:43 AM in response to TechnologyRepeller

TechnologyRepeller wrote:

?

Belkin...

Identify your Mac power adapter - Apple Support

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working

if no insight on your Intel Mac—

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

no resolve—

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

Get help with your Mac laptop battery - Apple Support

MacBook Pro Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.