Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are voice memos in icloud?

Hi, I'm a bit new to the iOS, I want to know, how can I access my voice memos in icloud which I've backed up already. I'm logging in my Windows PC icloud and I can see every photos, mail, Contacts, Reminders, Calender and notes, but Couldn't find voice memos there, How can I access it?

Remote Desktop

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 9:21 AM

Voice Memos are not included in iCloud Backup with iOS version 12 or later. Also note that you cannot view any contents of iCloud Backup; you can only use the backup to do a full restore of a device or to setup a new device.

Voice Memos can be synced with your other devices via iCloud. See instructions in See your recordings on all your Apple devices - Apple Support

While voice memos can be synced via iCloud, there is no option to view them at iCloud.com. That applies to voice memos and to some other things (e.g., iCloud Messages) that can be synced through iCloud but not viewed at iCloud.com.

Photos, Mail, Contacts, etc that you see at iCloud.com are synced and can also be viewed at iCloud.

Finally, some things such as photos can be either synced or included in Backup. If iCloud Photos is turned on, they will be synced. If iCloud Photos is not turned on, the photos can be included in iCloud Backup.

See: What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2022 9:21 AM in response to ashtilization

Voice Memos are not included in iCloud Backup with iOS version 12 or later. Also note that you cannot view any contents of iCloud Backup; you can only use the backup to do a full restore of a device or to setup a new device.

Voice Memos can be synced with your other devices via iCloud. See instructions in See your recordings on all your Apple devices - Apple Support

While voice memos can be synced via iCloud, there is no option to view them at iCloud.com. That applies to voice memos and to some other things (e.g., iCloud Messages) that can be synced through iCloud but not viewed at iCloud.com.

Photos, Mail, Contacts, etc that you see at iCloud.com are synced and can also be viewed at iCloud.

Finally, some things such as photos can be either synced or included in Backup. If iCloud Photos is turned on, they will be synced. If iCloud Photos is not turned on, the photos can be included in iCloud Backup.

See: What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Nov 24, 2022 12:11 AM in response to PeanutButterWolf_ThreeOneOh

•-==UPDATE==-•

The trick is not to use Siri to open and launch the Voice Memos app when you’re opening it for the “first time”.

If you have restored from a backup on your computer, all of the first time launch prompt windows have been reset. Whenever you launch an application for the “first time” you may see a window with import information. In this case, Voice Memos prompt, you asking if you want to enable iCloud synchronization. Once you tap on the Naval button, the application now appear in your

Settings > Your Name/AppleID > iCloud > Show All

Screenshot:

Where are voice memos in icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.