Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing files, but they are not missing!

Opened up a project and it shows a number of missing files in the timeline, but they are right there in the browser, so why is Final Cut showing them as a missing file? I can manually fix by dropping the file onto the timeline and replacing it, but I have to do that a number of times as there are quite a few. Wondering why this would happen and how to fix it in one easy step.

Mac Studio

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 6:49 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Nov 23, 2022 12:09 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Ah, okay. I have some camera moves on those clips which were plugins which mysteriously disappeared from FCP. They were simple zoom with ease in or out (as opposed to key framing, which has no easing). They are no longer available and I don't know where they went and I can't remember what they were called, so I can't reinstall them. Having said that, I did find another free plugin which is similar, but even better as it has more controls. That's Alex 4D smooth move.

Anyway, you solved my problem. Thank you.

P.S. Is it safe to upgrade to Ventura yet? In terms of Final Cut Pro, anyway.

Missing files, but they are not missing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.