Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buzzing Noise on Logic Pro with Input Monitoring

Whenever I try to record audio, and use input monitoring, there's a quiet but extremely irritating, and constant, buzzing sound. It stops as soon as I switch off input monitoring. It happens whether I'm using headphones via my scarlett solo or my macbook's headphone jack, or whether I'm using the mac's internal speakers. I can't record anything with it happening because it's literally just buzzing over everything I do, and if I don't use input monitoring, I can't hear myself sing!

I've tried experimenting with the latency/buffer size, and that hasn't worked. I've tried restarting Logic and the scarlett solo, to no avail.

It only seems to happen when I'm using my mic, rather than the macbook's internal microphone, which could suggest it's a mic issue. If that's the case: what do I try for this!? How would I know if it's the microphone causing the problem?

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 4:37 AM

I don't, but now you mention earthing, I've had a fiddle with other mains-powered stuff in my recording area. It seems to be linked to the mains cable for my laptop: when it's plugged in, it buzzes, and when it's not, the buzzing stops!

You led me to the problem - thank you!

Similar questions

3 replies

Buzzing Noise on Logic Pro with Input Monitoring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.