Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad pro getting hot randomly.

Hello! My iPad pro 11 2021 is randomly getting hot in the back, at the apple logo, and is making some internal electrical strange noise.

Only when I am browsing, not when I edit 4k or something like that.

I seen that someone else had this problem and didn't get an answer.

It's a serios issue?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 10:23 AM

I will comment going by the additional info you just gave.

iPads & iPhones will periodically get hot when performing certain tasks. Even though you are "just browsing" on the iPad opposed to "editing 4k video", It's been known that certain websites can tax any device (PCs included) even more than editing video. The website may be incorrectly built or have some sort of background process running.

Try to pinpoint if it's a particular website that causes this. If one website causes the issue, then something is up with that website.

Also know that iPads and iPhones will frequently run background tasks on their own like housekeeping, file management, etc. These background processes combined with other processes going on can cause the heat you describe. As long as the iPad is not too hot to hold comfortably, it should be fine. As you've described yourself, it's happening about every 2-3 days and only for 30 seconds. I personally don't see an issue with that.

As far as the sound you've described, since we have no ability to hear this sound or pinpoint where exactly it's coming from, I can't comment on it.

See the following Apple Help Topic for more info:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2022 10:23 AM in response to cosminadrian

I will comment going by the additional info you just gave.

iPads & iPhones will periodically get hot when performing certain tasks. Even though you are "just browsing" on the iPad opposed to "editing 4k video", It's been known that certain websites can tax any device (PCs included) even more than editing video. The website may be incorrectly built or have some sort of background process running.

Try to pinpoint if it's a particular website that causes this. If one website causes the issue, then something is up with that website.

Also know that iPads and iPhones will frequently run background tasks on their own like housekeeping, file management, etc. These background processes combined with other processes going on can cause the heat you describe. As long as the iPad is not too hot to hold comfortably, it should be fine. As you've described yourself, it's happening about every 2-3 days and only for 30 seconds. I personally don't see an issue with that.

As far as the sound you've described, since we have no ability to hear this sound or pinpoint where exactly it's coming from, I can't comment on it.

See the following Apple Help Topic for more info:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

Nov 23, 2022 9:00 AM in response to cosminadrian

If you have concerns, you might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) where the technicians will be able to “hands-on” test and assess your iPad for faults - in particular faults that may be battery or safety related:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Nov 23, 2022 9:39 AM in response to cosminadrian

That's not a "useless" answer & is the same advice I would give.

We are users, just like yourself. We cannot magically "see" into your iPad, let alone handle it to feel the heat you are describing nor the sound you are describing. Apple has diagnostic tools available to them and they can handle and personally inspect your iPad for issues.

IPad pro getting hot randomly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.