Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i back up my phone without using wifi beacuse i only use mobile data

can i backup my iphone without using wifi internet because my wifi connection got a really big problem connecting to my phone so i just want to ask if i can backup my iphone using mobile data?

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 11:24 PM

i just want to ask if i can backup my iphone using mobile data?

It can be done for iPhone 12 or later, with certain conditions. Apple's support document Backup iPhone says:

Back up iPhone

On models that support 5G, your carrier may give you the option to back up iPhone using your cellular network. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup, then turn on or off Backup Over Cellular.

This of course depends on the size of your phone data plan, and the reliability of connection.For older iPhones- 4G or earlier - the data transfer is too slow and the connections sub-optimal for the important work of backing up your iPhone.

Otherwise, you can backup your iPhone to a computer with iTunes or for more recent Macs via the Finder.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2022 11:24 PM in response to Krishnaton

i just want to ask if i can backup my iphone using mobile data?

It can be done for iPhone 12 or later, with certain conditions. Apple's support document Backup iPhone says:

Back up iPhone

On models that support 5G, your carrier may give you the option to back up iPhone using your cellular network. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup, then turn on or off Backup Over Cellular.

This of course depends on the size of your phone data plan, and the reliability of connection.For older iPhones- 4G or earlier - the data transfer is too slow and the connections sub-optimal for the important work of backing up your iPhone.

Otherwise, you can backup your iPhone to a computer with iTunes or for more recent Macs via the Finder.

can i back up my phone without using wifi beacuse i only use mobile data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.