Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with a new MacBook Pro running Ventura 13 on an M1 max

Hey all, I bought a new MacBook Pro running Ventura 13 on an M1 max and whenever I try to start it does not work with fingerprint but only asks for password. Every online answer talks about system Preferences which dont exist and in system settings under fingerprint it is correct, all checked and with 3 fingerprints. It worked once, usually I just open it to start it then close and use monitor and wireless keys and mouse but I want it to start when I open it with fingerprint when starting. is this possible.

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 11:11 AM

hi, KensHelp1, I don't think this is possible ?

for security reasons, you have to startup/login with a password....

see this link from Apple: Use Touch ID on Mac - Apple Support (CA)

there's an app from the App Store, which might do what you want, maybe, but I have no experience with Touch ID

and can't say if the app works or not.....anyways, here's a link :https://macid.co/

john B

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2022 11:11 AM in response to KensHelp1

hi, KensHelp1, I don't think this is possible ?

for security reasons, you have to startup/login with a password....

see this link from Apple: Use Touch ID on Mac - Apple Support (CA)

there's an app from the App Store, which might do what you want, maybe, but I have no experience with Touch ID

and can't say if the app works or not.....anyways, here's a link :https://macid.co/

john B

Nov 25, 2022 11:17 AM in response to Johnb-one

I guess then I would ask Apple why would they put a touch ID button on my macbook and why it worked one timw? it is strange but touch ID worked once it said password or touch id now its not...

Maybe I just locked it but that seems unlikely I am sure it worked that time, I do know with Iphone and Ipad when restarted you need a code first ... hmm I will try just letting it sleep, Thank you for input.

Help with a new MacBook Pro running Ventura 13 on an M1 max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.