Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

install magic ID on m1 Mac Mini

trying to install finger print ID to login when I get to the point to "quickly press the power button twice" I either get nothing or if I press the power button to slowly the computer reboots.

There was some questions earlier but no suggestions on how to set up the Magic ID fingerprint as a "password".

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 7:11 AM

cyril250 wrote:

trying to install finger print ID to login when I get to the point to "quickly press the power button twice" I either get nothing or if I press the power button to slowly the computer reboots.
There was some questions earlier but no suggestions on how to set up the Magic ID fingerprint as a "password".

So have you set up Finger print...?

Use Touch ID on Mac - Apple Support

If you have an issue use the charging cable that came with the keyboard and plug it in...

switching off the keyboard for 30 secs or so and then hard connecting the keyboard via lightning cable and then switching on the keyboard resulted in the touch id icon reappearing in system preferences.

Do you have a magic keyboard w/ TouchID(?)

Magic Keyboard with Touch ID for Mac models with Apple ...

ref

Magic Keyboard with Touch ID - Apple Support

it is a light touch to use ToucID

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 7:11 AM in response to cyril250

cyril250 wrote:

So have you set up Finger print...?

Use Touch ID on Mac - Apple Support

If you have an issue use the charging cable that came with the keyboard and plug it in...

switching off the keyboard for 30 secs or so and then hard connecting the keyboard via lightning cable and then switching on the keyboard resulted in the touch id icon reappearing in system preferences.

Do you have a magic keyboard w/ TouchID(?)

Magic Keyboard with Touch ID for Mac models with Apple ...

ref

Magic Keyboard with Touch ID - Apple Support

it is a light touch to use ToucID

install magic ID on m1 Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.