Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri now asks for location. never done this before. what gives?

when i ask siri what the weather is, it says it can't tell me because of my settings. but i have my location services turned on for siri. this just started to happen.

this is for iphone 13 pro max.

any thoughts or suggestions.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 5:05 PM

You need to keep Wi-Fi on if you want location services to be accurate. GPS satellites only are useful outdoors with a clear view of the sky. If the sky is blocked by tall buildings, tree cover, or even heavy precipitation (or indoors) location services falls back to using the location of known Wi-Fi hotspots (it only receives the Wi-Fi signals, it doesn’t connect). But with Wi-Fi off location services just won’t be able to determine location.

If you open the Weather app does it show your current location at the top of the list>

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2022 5:05 PM in response to samos3

You need to keep Wi-Fi on if you want location services to be accurate. GPS satellites only are useful outdoors with a clear view of the sky. If the sky is blocked by tall buildings, tree cover, or even heavy precipitation (or indoors) location services falls back to using the location of known Wi-Fi hotspots (it only receives the Wi-Fi signals, it doesn’t connect). But with Wi-Fi off location services just won’t be able to determine location.

If you open the Weather app does it show your current location at the top of the list>

siri now asks for location. never done this before. what gives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.