Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Offline Maps

Was wondering if anyone could help.. have a few questions regarding the Apple Watch. Specifically the Ultra. I have apple everything, but never had the Apple Watch. Have always been a Garmin guy, until this weekend. Is there any applications where you can save offline maps without paying for a subscription? I don't mind a one time fee. Garmin has the Garmin Explore application where you can upload waypoints from the computer or application on your phone and it will sync to all your devices. Including watches. Works wonderfully for backpacking and my oversea's adventures. Does apple have anything similar? Can the Apple Watch have a "track to" feature for coordinates? Would like to type in some MGRS coordinates and navigate to them.

What would be amazing:

Subscription-less service

Offline maps

Integrates with other devices

MGRS coordinates

Elevation data

Navigation capable

Again, not very familiar with the apple watch, so any help would be great. Thanks!

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 12:48 PM

The app “WorkOutDoors” works pretty well for me, and allows downloading portions of your map to the watch, which I’ve found very useful. It’s about $6 upfront, but it’s a one time payment, no subscription required. I also use the app with my iPhone, and it has an iPad app as well, which I have yet to use, so I’m not sure if it will sync with the iPhone and Apple Watch. It does have elevation data, but as for navigation, the only way I’ve found to do that is to import a GPX file, I’m unsure if there’s a better way to do it. I’m also unsure if it supports MGRS coords, but it does have quite a lot of customization options, so it might. Hope this helps. If anyone else knows more about this app, or better alternatives, please feel free to add to this

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2022 12:48 PM in response to unwanted_duck

The app “WorkOutDoors” works pretty well for me, and allows downloading portions of your map to the watch, which I’ve found very useful. It’s about $6 upfront, but it’s a one time payment, no subscription required. I also use the app with my iPhone, and it has an iPad app as well, which I have yet to use, so I’m not sure if it will sync with the iPhone and Apple Watch. It does have elevation data, but as for navigation, the only way I’ve found to do that is to import a GPX file, I’m unsure if there’s a better way to do it. I’m also unsure if it supports MGRS coords, but it does have quite a lot of customization options, so it might. Hope this helps. If anyone else knows more about this app, or better alternatives, please feel free to add to this

Nov 27, 2022 1:05 PM in response to unwanted_duck

Hello there unwanted_duck,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. These articles can provide some insight into the features and functionality of the Apple Watch Ultra, and possibly help in your decision making:

Apple Watch Ultra - Why Apple Watch - Apple

Apple Watch Ultra - Technical Specifications

We hope this helps you. Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Best regards!

Apple Watch Offline Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.