Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot reinstall my Apple mail account

Hi. I deleted this account on my iPhone because I kept getting the error message connection to server failed, but I cannot reinstate it. I enter my username and my password, no problem, and all looks fine. Then I get the screen with the list of providers and the option of adding an account. No account has been added

i did the same with my iPad and reinstalled the account without any problems

i should add, however, that on iPad I still get the same error message so reinstalling it did not work

• so my question is a two parter. How to reinstall the mail account on my iPhone and how to get rid of error message

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 9:03 AM

See this about adding a mail account to your iPhone. Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Make sure you do not have any restrictions set on the device in Settings.

3 replies

Cannot reinstall my Apple mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.