Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freezing App/ Freezing phone and Restarting

When I am using my Iphone (11), the app I am using suddenly freezes and the entire phone screen stops being responsive. A few minutes later the phone is automatically restarted or I will need to force restart to use it again. It happened more than 15 times today. Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know how to fix this or why it's happening?

Please help me out! Thank you

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 11:09 PM

rashmi ~ Unexpected restarts can be due to a weak, aging battery. However, your 84% max capacity is higher than the level that Apple considers to be unhealthy (80%). So all I can suggest is first see if doing this helps:

Restore your iPhone to factory settings

...And if not, have Apple examine your iPhone:

iPhone Repair and Service

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2022 11:09 PM in response to rashmi77

rashmi ~ Unexpected restarts can be due to a weak, aging battery. However, your 84% max capacity is higher than the level that Apple considers to be unhealthy (80%). So all I can suggest is first see if doing this helps:

Restore your iPhone to factory settings

...And if not, have Apple examine your iPhone:

iPhone Repair and Service

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

Nov 28, 2022 7:00 PM in response to rashmi77

I tried everything and only thing that seems to reduce the freeze rate is to turn on low battery mode. That will decrease the number of times the phone freezes from every 15 minutes to every hour.

I tried reinstalling 16.1.1, updating apps, resetting network settings. I am unable to backup my phone successfully so wasn't able to do a full reset.

let me know if you find a solution

Freezing App/ Freezing phone and Restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.