Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBookPro in GPU panic

The following alert appears after trying to reboot my MacBook Pro. (SEE BELOW)

What happened?

Before I show the fault, it's important to understand this is a high end machine that is not crashing because it is lacking power, ram, hard drive space or other usual issues. I have the highest end intel MacBook Pro from June 2020.

16-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar - Space Gray

Configuration:

• 2.4GHz 8-core Intel Core i9,Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz

• AMD Radeon Pro 5600M with 8GB of HBM2 memory

• 64GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory

• 8TB SSD storage

• Retina display with TrueTone

• Four Thunderbolt 3 ports

• Touch Bar and Touch ID

• Backlit Keyboard-USEnglish

HERE IS THE ALERT:

WHAT I WAS DOING

I have two powered hubs connected via USB3 to power up four monitors (5 including Laptop Screen) and that has worked fine for two years. In the past I used the computer for remote processing of video post production for Hollywood, but lately I have shifted to forensic evidence work in crypto recovery through blockchain investigation. Mostly just documents and not heavy graphics usage.

WHAT HAPPENS

With or without monitors or power connected, when I go to boot up, I get to the password window, enter my password, then I hear a system beep, the fan revs up and makes a loud whirring sound, then the system shuts down.

WHAT I TRIED

I went through all the online suggestions, to reset the machine. Reformatted hard drive, Checked Diagnostics for Hardware issues (none discovered), Used FirstAid on Hard Drive (which is 8TB SSD) No hard drive errors.

WHAT HAPPENED AFTER

Despite have no software other than the operating system installed and no hardware connected, the machine still comes up with this issue.

RECOVERY MODE

It works stably in RECOVERY MODE - I am typing this on the machine in recovery mode - but doesn't boot at all in normal mode.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 7:57 PM

Hi,

You'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there after take back up data on external drive and with printed kernel panic log.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

https://locate.apple.com/

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBookPro in GPU panic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.