Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you Delete Selected Files that I have created within Favorites?

Hello, Can anyone out there help me please? As I don’t like being beaten I’m 77 but can still normally find a solution to a problem. But! Like many of you I cannot find the solution to the following: On my iPad - Settings - Safari - Favourites - Files within Favourites that I have created.

How can you Delete - Selected Files that I have created within Favourites?

As each of the files I have created contain numerous (far too many to delete by the suggested method Bookmarks - Edit - Select File - Red Circle - Delete) I have spent hours without seeming to get anywhere using this method, that I’m beginning to doubt if they do get deleted.

I know you can do what I want to achieve easily in Windows so why can’t I do something similar in Safari??.

Thanking you in anticipation.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 5:32 AM

You are attempting to remove the offending entries from the wrong place. Instead of trying to remove these items from iPad Settings, your saved Safari Favourites are managed from within the Safari App.

Assuming that your iPad Air2 has been updated to iPadOS15 (noting that the most recent supported version for iPad Air2 is iPadOS 15.7.1) - open Safari.

Open the Safari Sidebar - then open the Bookmarks tab:

The Safari sidebar will now show a list of your saved bookmarks and bookmark folders. At bottom-right of the sidebar, tap the Edit button. You can now delete individual entries using the corresponding red “-“ button, of re-arrange the sequence of the entries by dragging the associated “hamburger” icon up or down the list.

Tap Done when you’ve finished.

More information can be found in the iPad User Guide. Here is a direct link to the appropriate section of the User Guide:

Bookmark favorite websites in Safari on iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2022 5:32 AM in response to InvictusManeo76

You are attempting to remove the offending entries from the wrong place. Instead of trying to remove these items from iPad Settings, your saved Safari Favourites are managed from within the Safari App.

Assuming that your iPad Air2 has been updated to iPadOS15 (noting that the most recent supported version for iPad Air2 is iPadOS 15.7.1) - open Safari.

Open the Safari Sidebar - then open the Bookmarks tab:

The Safari sidebar will now show a list of your saved bookmarks and bookmark folders. At bottom-right of the sidebar, tap the Edit button. You can now delete individual entries using the corresponding red “-“ button, of re-arrange the sequence of the entries by dragging the associated “hamburger” icon up or down the list.

Tap Done when you’ve finished.

More information can be found in the iPad User Guide. Here is a direct link to the appropriate section of the User Guide:

Bookmark favorite websites in Safari on iPad - Apple Support

How can you Delete Selected Files that I have created within Favorites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.