Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Son's profile overriding mine

Hello.

Every once in awhile and seemingly at random my son's settings/profile seems to override mine on my iPhone. For example, in iMessage my husband's name changes to "dad" and my brother's name changes to Uncle (how my son has the saved in his contacts). For email, my personal email address is associated with my son's name (and not mine). When I tried to text my son a photo, it came to me (and said "Maybe: My Name; he didn't get it).

I have family sharing set up, and all of us have separate Apple IDs. The issue seems to be related to one of the Apps I installed for one of my son's sports teams, but I don't know how to undo it and/or avoid having this happen again.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue and knows how to prevent it from happening?

Thank you!

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 1:46 PM

Yes - this seems to be the issue (thanks!). I have access to my son's email address (icloud email address) and that was the culprit. When I delete it, the situation resolves itself. I would still like to have access to his email, however, so I wonder if it's possible to add it back somehow without creating this issue. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2022 1:46 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Yes - this seems to be the issue (thanks!). I have access to my son's email address (icloud email address) and that was the culprit. When I delete it, the situation resolves itself. I would still like to have access to his email, however, so I wonder if it's possible to add it back somehow without creating this issue. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Son's profile overriding mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.