Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My son's apple id/device contains references to my name

My son has his own apple id... just got a new phone where we signed in with his id. Of course he is setup on MY family sharing.

There are instances, where MY name is showing up as the default name on his device.

Example. iMessage, clicking on the "..." at the top header, Edit Name and Photo. The name displayed is mine, and the default photo contains my initials. We've checked his apple id online, and everything is in his name clearly. When he changes his image/photo, on his device, under family sharing, the photo changes both for his name, as well as mine.

We tried calling apple support, and they had no idea. We tried signing out on his device, and resigning back in. We tried removing him from the family sharing account, then re-adding. Nothing worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 6:00 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 30, 2020 10:26 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for that suggestion Eric. I had no idea that there were separate Apple ID sign ins for those apps. I checked His phone and both are signed in with his Apple ID. Unfortunately that wasn’t the issue

On a side note, I had an issue with my phone with an old Apple ID showing up as a default occasionally and After your suggestion, I noticed the old Apple ID was still being used for my iMessage and FaceTime. I fixed that now so thank you for that.

My son's apple id/device contains references to my name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.