Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macmail old contacts

How do I delete old contacts? When I go into an app say Dropbox and I type an email address - still shows old contacts even though deleted in macmail. Thanks

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 12:58 PM

Hey there Booberoi,

It's possible that the old suggested contacts are coming from Dropbox itself. This article explains how to delete suggestions.

How to add, delete, and import suggested contacts for sharing

Regards.

3 replies

Nov 30, 2022 8:55 AM in response to Booberoi

Hi Booberoi,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you'd like to delete certain contacts from your Mac.

Your Contacts can be associated with iCloud or your third-party email accounts that you have installed on your Mac so you may need to sign into that email account to remove your contacts. This article explains this process in detail: Delete contacts in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

"You can’t delete contacts in read-only accounts such as Google and Yahoo; you must delete the contacts directly in Google or Yahoo, for example. 

If you don’t want to see contacts from a specific account, stop using the account in Contacts. To do so, choose Contacts > Accounts, select the account, then deselect its Contacts checkbox. If you want to see the contacts again, select the checkbox again."

We hope this helps.

Take care!

Nov 30, 2022 12:30 PM in response to Miche11e_P

Thank you. The situation is that when I try to share a file in Dropbox and I then go to send to, my name old email addresses come up from various employments I used to have. I do not have any accoints with them any more.

I went inyo Google contacts, icloud contacts, Yahoo contacts and Contact app but cannot see my old e-mail address anywhere - hard to understand why still showing up

Macmail old contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.