Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally left my iPad plugged in for charging for 10 hours ? Is my iPad battery damaged now?

I left my iPad charging for over 10 hours , did I just damage its battery?!

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 9:49 PM

Definitely not!

All rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries and circuitry, in all mobile electronics devices, are all designed to prevent any overcharging and the battery raye of charge is always regulated to a charge rate that does not overheat the internal baterry.

Your iPad is OK.

Best of Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2022 9:49 PM in response to Hafsa201

Definitely not!

All rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries and circuitry, in all mobile electronics devices, are all designed to prevent any overcharging and the battery raye of charge is always regulated to a charge rate that does not overheat the internal baterry.

Your iPad is OK.

Best of Luck to You!

Nov 29, 2022 5:51 AM in response to Hafsa201

An otherwise heathy iPad will suffer no harm in being connected to external power and/or charging for extended periods - whether in use or not. This usage model is common in Point of Sale and Kiosk applications. The iPad will optimally charge your iPad battery, modifying its charging strategy as appropriate to reduce potential chemical aging.

More information about iPad’s battery management can be found here:

About iPad and iPhone Charge Management Feature – Apple Support

I accidentally left my iPad plugged in for charging for 10 hours ? Is my iPad battery damaged now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.