Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube on Apple TV

I have an Apple TV 4K 32GB 1st Gen running 16.1. My TV is a 2018 LG Oled. When I play YouTube videos, the Apple TV flashes a black screen for about 1-2 seconds at the start of every ad and every video. So if a video has 2 must watch ads, it starts the first ad for a few seconds, flashes a black screen for a second or two, finishes the first ad, plays second ad for a few seconds, then flashes a black screen for a second or two, then goes back to the second ad, then does the same when the video starts. TV does not do this for any other input, just YouTube. Every ad, every video.

Any ideas?

It just started doing this a few months back. I don't remember the exact time.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 9:38 AM

That was a major bug that was introduced by YouTube on their app and I can attest that I encountered it as well. However, more recently an update was pushed out and since then I have no longer enountered the issue. I leave mine to automatically update apps, so check to make sure yours is turned on and/or check the App Store to see if the YouTube app shows an option to update. You can also try reinstalling it. If after that you are still seeing this issue then you may need to reach out to them.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 9:38 AM in response to Jimbo435

That was a major bug that was introduced by YouTube on their app and I can attest that I encountered it as well. However, more recently an update was pushed out and since then I have no longer enountered the issue. I leave mine to automatically update apps, so check to make sure yours is turned on and/or check the App Store to see if the YouTube app shows an option to update. You can also try reinstalling it. If after that you are still seeing this issue then you may need to reach out to them.

YouTube on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.