You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot manually adjust keyboard brightness

I have a MacBook Air M2 and have no "adjust keyboard brightness" key nor a Touch Bar with an "adjust keyboard brightness" key. There is no "Keyboard Brightness" toggle/slider in my Control Center. I am running Ventura 13. How do I manually adjust the keyboard backlight without having to go to System Preferences?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 2:07 PM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2022 2:51 PM in response to raadiyah13

Hi raadiyah13,

The options to adjust keyboard brightness in macOS Ventura are outlined at Turn your Mac keyboard’s backlighting on or off as:

"Manually adjust keyboard backlighting or turn it off

Do one of the following, depending on your Mac model:

• On the keyboard, press the increase brightness key  or the decrease brightness key . To turn backlighting off, keep pressing the decrease brightness key.
  • In the Touch Bar, expand the Control Strip, then tap the increase brightness button  or the decrease brightness button . To turn backlighting off, touch and hold the decrease brightness button."

If those functions are not present or operational, consult AppleCare directly using Apple Support.

Regards.

Cannot manually adjust keyboard brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.