Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Blood Oxygen Application

How do I obtain the Apple Blood Oxygen Application for my Apple Watch? I cannot download the app onto my iPhone and the app does not appear when I search for in the Apple Watch Apps application although a bunch of others do.

For some reason it is already installed on my wife's Apple Watch 11. My iPhone and Apple Watch 5 are at the latest software level. Apple Watch 9.1, iPhone iOS 16.1.1 - iPhone 11 Pro.

This is a very helpful application for me, I hope there's a solution out there somewhere.

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 7:05 PM

A series 7 watch has the ability to check Blood Oxygen. From the link I posted below is the following:

Here's what you need

• Make sure that the Blood Oxygen app is available in your country or region. You will be able to see this during the setup process.
  • Update your iPhone 6s or later to the latest version of iOS.
  • Update your Apple Watch Series 6, or Series 7, Series 8, or Ultra to the latest version of watchOS.*
  • The Blood Oxygen app is not available for use by people under 18 years old. You can confirm or set up your age in your Health Profile

How to use the Blood Oxygen app on Apple Watch - Apple Support (CA)

If your watch is a Series 5, it does not have the sensors required to check oxygen levels.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 7:05 PM in response to pughimag2

A series 7 watch has the ability to check Blood Oxygen. From the link I posted below is the following:

Here's what you need

• Make sure that the Blood Oxygen app is available in your country or region. You will be able to see this during the setup process.
  • Update your iPhone 6s or later to the latest version of iOS.
  • Update your Apple Watch Series 6, or Series 7, Series 8, or Ultra to the latest version of watchOS.*
  • The Blood Oxygen app is not available for use by people under 18 years old. You can confirm or set up your age in your Health Profile

How to use the Blood Oxygen app on Apple Watch - Apple Support (CA)

If your watch is a Series 5, it does not have the sensors required to check oxygen levels.

Nov 29, 2022 7:15 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I think I will go ahead and trade in my Series 5 for a Series 8 Watch. I don't need stainless steel case and a fancy band and I don't need the Ultra either so I believe I will get the Series 8 for about $20/month which is not a bad deal. Anybody know if I can transfer my stainless steel watch band from my current Watch Series 5 to the Series 8?

Thanks for your reply, it confirmed my suspicions although the Apple Watch features were listed on the Apple web site after all.

Nov 29, 2022 7:39 PM in response to pughimag2

If your series 5 watch is 44mm and you purchase a 45mm Series 8, yes, the band will work fine on it. Do note that Stainless watches come standard with cellular, whereas cellular is an upgrade on a non-stainless model. You'll also be giving up the more durable sapphire screen on non-stainless models. I would recommend a good quality screen protector on the aluminum watches.

Nov 29, 2022 8:56 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Great Reply, I do have a series 5/44mm and I just purchased a series 8/45mm. I noticed the stainless steel had cellular which I do not want. I have an iPhone for that and my fingers are too fat. I've had my series 5 for three years and not used a protector but it might not be a bad idea unless it obscures anything. I often take calls on my series 5 and I am surprised at how well it works as long as my phone is somewhere nearby. Many thanks lobsterghost1, very swift reply and very useful information. Good on yer! Have a ball out there.

Apple Watch Blood Oxygen Application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.