Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2021 MacBook Pro Keyboard Wear Stains poor quality

Wow, I’ve had my machine for less than a year, and the keyboard looks like it’s 10 years old. See pic of wear stains. Tried cleaning, does not come out. Possibly a poor quality material problem. Not expected from apple products :(

Comapre that to my old 2013 MacBook Pro (which I used very heavily).

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 3:38 PM

2 replies

Nov 29, 2022 5:18 PM in response to saulsimhon

I've seen that with some Apple laptops for a long time. I don't know if it is due to the key caps themselves, or perhaps the oils or lotions on people's hands....it may actually be both. The differences may be due to Apple using different manufacturers for the keyboards (Apple tends to source most components from two different vendors).

If the laptop is still under warranty, then have Apple examine it to see if they will address the issue under warranty (doubtful, but doesn't hurt to try). An Apple Store is probably best since AASPs are unable to make exceptions to Apple's official rules. If Apple won't address the issue under warranty or if the laptop is out of warranty, then you can provide Apple with product feedback here (Apple won't respond):

Product Feedback - Apple

You can also contact Apple corporate (Apple may respond):

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

You can also check out your local consumer protection laws.

2021 MacBook Pro Keyboard Wear Stains poor quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.