Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube playback problem - black screen (AppleTV 4)

I have an ATV4K 5ᵀᴴ Gen. The only app I have trouble with is YouTubeTV. I hangs often almost immediately after opening. Restarts don't help (unlike previous reports here). The trouble recurs, IOW. It has been recurring for a while, over iteration of TVOS upgrades on this particular device more than others (I have three generations of ATV's in use here).

The only temporary fix I've discovered that resolves the matter until it recurs in a couple of weeks or so is unloading and reinstalling the app. I am using HDR output from the ATV (auto setting), even though the max resolution of the app is only 1080p. Other apps (TV+ for example have much higher resolutions.

Does anyone know why this occurs with that app and what a more permanent fix would be?

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 11:47 AM

Hello Henry-In-FL,

If uninstalling and reinstalling the application has been unable to resolve the issue, then you'll want to contact Youtube and let them know of the current issues with the application.

Here's their support site: Youtube Help

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies

YouTube playback problem - black screen (AppleTV 4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.