You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist : Not All Songs copying to iPhone 14 Pro Max 1tb iOS16.1.2

Here is a fun one. I purchased the iPhone 14 Pro Max with 1tb of storage. Biggest one they make and I have over 900 Gigs available.

When in iTunes 1.3.0.138 on my iMac 27 3.4 GHz i5 I connect to my iPhone with standard cable. I grab a playlist of music that is locally on my iMac (I can point to each and every song in the file directory) and move to my phone only about half of the actual music shoes up in playlist.

Here is the playlist of 33 songs in iTunes (All Local and all from CD's that I ripped into the system).

Here is a pic of the music file in the finder. But you can see that it is not copied to the playlist on the iPhone.

Here is a pic of the iPhone playlist after copied onto my iPhone

It does this on all types of playlist's. Ones that I have manually created and ones that Genius has created. Always chops off about half of the songs.??

Here is a pic of my music settings on my iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 7:02 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 4, 2022 6:26 PM in response to 1UpDuc

Hey there 1UpDuc,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, have you noticed if the issue occurs with the same specific songs in these playlists? If so, are these songs a different format than the songs that are able to transfer without issue?

Also, when syncing the music to your iPhone, are you using the steps listed in this link here: Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If not, give those steps a try and let us know if that's able to help.

Take care!

Dec 5, 2022 9:46 AM in response to 1UpDuc

Hi 1UpDuc,

Looking at the iPhone Settings screenshot, we do see that you have "Show Apple Music" enabled, which should not be, as you aren't an Apple Music subscriber.

We'd suggest to turn that off, then let's try these steps:

1. Sync off the 19 song playlist.

2. Unplug your iPhone from your iMac and restart your iPhone and iMac, to refresh both.

3. Then sync that playlist back on to your iPhone.

The reason we advise to unsync it first, is that iTunes/Finder may think it's already been synced. So, by removing first, we may be able to get the full 33 songs synced.

If you still are only getting the 19 songs on your iPhone, then contacting Apple Support is the next step. So they can take a closer look at what's happening. You can reach them using: Official Apple Support

All the best!

Dec 5, 2022 6:57 AM in response to Chris_V89

Chris_V89

Thanks for reply.

No. It does not occur with any specific song or format type. It spans the gambit of file types/genres/artist/album/Genius Playlist/Manual Playlist/Purchased/Ripped.

This is why I am so confused. I have been using Mac's for over 20 years and I have been on the iPhone platform since the beginning.

Playlist : Not All Songs copying to iPhone 14 Pro Max 1tb iOS16.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.