Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Return IPhone 14 Pro after 14 days of ownership due to usability issues

Hey All,

I'm having too many issues with IOS 16 and it is extremely frustrating and rendering the iPhone 14 pro unusable in many cases, problems include but not limited to:

• Not being able to change the audio output to headset during a call
  • Not being able to close/kill an application and having to restart iPhone
  • Sudden disconnections during Telegram and FB Messenger calls
  • Dynamic Island sometimes not being responsive and no showing any animation during phone calls, or using soundcloud.

I bought this device for 1500 euros to be more productive and I do not use the extra features like shooting raw images with the camera or playing games on it.

I found myself spending time contacting support out frustration only to tell me to update the IOS and "hoping" to fix the issues automatically.

This has been very stressful experience and finally, calling the customer support (technical) I was assured that I've no chance to return the device even If I contact Consumer Protection.

Any Ideas how to return this device back to Apple and end my frustration and regrets for following the Hype/Trend?

Any help is appreciated :)

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 9:45 AM

I'm not asking you to evaluate the current policy, Apple.com already describe their own policy as "generous" to discover such software issues. are you working for Apple?

How can I expect a 3 trillion USD company like Apple to not fix such critical IOS problems in 1 month, If you believe the problems I'm having to be acceptable for a device of 1500 euros, then please ignore my post and you are not required to reply.

Similar questions

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2022 9:45 AM in response to babowa

I'm not asking you to evaluate the current policy, Apple.com already describe their own policy as "generous" to discover such software issues. are you working for Apple?

How can I expect a 3 trillion USD company like Apple to not fix such critical IOS problems in 1 month, If you believe the problems I'm having to be acceptable for a device of 1500 euros, then please ignore my post and you are not required to reply.

Jan 24, 2023 10:52 PM in response to aaly_

My iPhone 14 pro max, drops calls all the time I have to power off to get it to allow me to make a call and then two hours later it’ll do it again. My sister and I both got the same phone with the same plan and hers does not have any problems. We can be in the same room and she will have, three bars and my phone will show zero bars and drop calls. I can’t even make calls some of the time.

It also will turn the volume off when I’m listening to a podcast and it’s not even in my hand.

So I returned my first iPhone 14 promax because they could not fix it. But the new second phone did the same thing. The Verizon store did not know what to do. They called and nobody could get it fixed. I called Apple a guy from Canada. Had me download the new 16 update it did not help. Oddly the first time I tried to do the update, it aired out which I have never had happen when doing an update. But the second time I tried to do the update it updated successfully. So as I only have 14 days with the second phone and it still dropping calls and glitching. I went back to Verizon Store. The sales person changed my phone from 5G to LTE. I thought this actually helped but did not still dropping calls. So on the 14th day of my second phone I went to the Verizon store and said either fix it or send this one back. We were on the phone with Verizon for quite some time and they said to send it back and they are sending me a new third iPhone 14 pro max.

They said it was a network problem, but they don’t understand why my sister who has the exact same phone exact same plan has no problem when we are sitting side-by-side. I would not suggest anyone get the iPhone 14 promax. I would wait for the next phone and maybe they’ll have all of this crazy crap figured out!

So frustrating to have to either use airplane mode or power off my phone. Every time I want to make a phone call!

Dec 4, 2022 10:29 AM in response to aaly_

It becomes clear that this forum is completely biased and participants do not even give a benefit of the doubt. The problems are so ridiculous that the call receivers are amazed I'm having such problems with a edvice that was completely hyped but full of OS bugs.

I can only proceed with Calls to Apple sales and involve ECC consumer protection, Luckily I've made screen videos of some of the bugs to share with ECC :)

Regards.

Dec 4, 2022 8:01 AM in response to aaly_

The device was purchased from Apple.com.

I do not believe that the hardware is defective, it is all software problems.

I can not return because 14 days has passed, I was always assured by tech support that problems will be fixed by software updates, but the problems never get fixed. Hence, this post asking for help/advices on how to return thee IPhone 14 Pro.

Dec 4, 2022 10:01 AM in response to aaly_

aaly_ wrote:

None of us work for Apple. We are users like you. If you want Apple to replace your phone you will have to contact Apple.

Dec 4, 2022 10:30 AM in response to aaly_

aaly_ wrote:

This was my expectation too, but unfortunately, As I see here, complete denial of the issues I'm having. Just had the Telegram frozen problem again couple of minutes ago.

No one is denying you are having issues. The solution you want is replacement of your phone. None of us can replace your phone. You have been advised to contact Apple.

Dec 4, 2022 10:33 AM in response to aaly_

aaly_ wrote:

It becomes clear that this forum is completely biased and participants do not even give a benefit of the doubt. The problems are so ridiculous that the call receivers are amazed I'm having such problems with a edvice that was completely hyped but full of OS bugs.

I can only proceed with Calls to Apple sales and involve ECC consumer protection, Luckily I've made screen videos of some of the bugs to share with ECC :)

Regards.

"It becomes clear that this forum is completely biased and participants do not even give a benefit of the doubt." What a ridiculous statement. You have been told repeatedly that we are users like you. There is nothing we can do about replacing your phone. You have been advised to contact Apple. How is this biased?

Dec 4, 2022 11:24 AM in response to aaly_

Would replacing the phone provide a different software and fix all the problems mentioned above?

No, it would not. The phones all come with the same software.

But, they do not come with the third party software/apps you might have installed. Here is a troubleshooting suggestion:

Uninstall/delete Telegram, FB Messenger, (and any others).

You can also turn off Dynamic Island:

https://www.casemecase.com/how-to-turn-off-dynamic-island-on-iphone-14-pro-max/

Test to see if it works now.

And no, I do not work for Apple, but I am sensible enough to realize that software can cause glitches. As a manufacturer of an electronic device, there is absolutely no way that Apple (or Microsoft or any other) can possibly make their software work with millions of third party apps. The developers of those apps are responsible for their products to work with the device they make it for.

I'm not asking you to evaluate the current policy

I didn't. I expressed my opinion formed over 30 years of having used computers and vikunteered here for almost 20.

Go ahead with the ECC; European regulatory agencies are sometimes tougher and more persistent than their US counterparts - good luck.

Jan 18, 2023 9:02 AM in response to aaly_

I owned a 14pro 128gb for last 3 months. When ever I use a AirPod or most of the time my first on going call or receiving call will not be clear. It have disturbance. I will have to cut the call and call back. The second call is always clear.

so to rectify this I thought something is wrong with my AirPod and I bought the gen2 AirPod pro. But I face the same issue again. Today I replaced my 128 BG 14pro loosing a lot money and bought a 1tb 14pro. I am facing the very problem with my AirPods again. On a regular call without solids I don’t face any issue. I lost a lot money buying an AirPod & another iPhone just to rectify this. I have also registered a complaint regarding the same to Apple care and they told me to reset the phone and use it. I still have the very same problem.

kindly help me out.

Return IPhone 14 Pro after 14 days of ownership due to usability issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.