Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto - cannot upload album to apple store

Hello, I have created an album (book) on my Macbook Air and want to purchase the book. When I press the "buy book" button, I keep getting an error message "An error occured when contacting the Apple online store. Please try again" I have done this now several times, no luck. Any thoughts? Thanks, Martin

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 3:03 PM

The following is to supplement Keith's original suggestion:

If you are you able to create a PDF file for that book by doing a Print to PDF then there are 3rd party book providers which used to do the printing for Apple as a sub-contractors, Mimeo and PrestoPhotos, that will take PDF files and print and bind books and calendars. 

Note: If you're printing from an iPhoto library hold down the Option key and click on the Order Book button. That will give you a PDF of the boot that is the same as iPhoto used to send to Apple for printing.

Use the PrestoPhotos or Mimeo links above for direct access to the PDF file uploading and book/calendar ordering page for each site. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2022 3:03 PM in response to Martin Heuter

The following is to supplement Keith's original suggestion:

If you are you able to create a PDF file for that book by doing a Print to PDF then there are 3rd party book providers which used to do the printing for Apple as a sub-contractors, Mimeo and PrestoPhotos, that will take PDF files and print and bind books and calendars. 

Note: If you're printing from an iPhoto library hold down the Option key and click on the Order Book button. That will give you a PDF of the boot that is the same as iPhoto used to send to Apple for printing.

Use the PrestoPhotos or Mimeo links above for direct access to the PDF file uploading and book/calendar ordering page for each site. 

iphoto - cannot upload album to apple store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.