Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Turns off Overnight

Why did my iPhone power off overnight. I fell asleep with everything fine, but when I woke up, it was powered off and wouldn't charge. I then force reset the device, and after a couple attempts, it fortunately turned back on. I'm wondering though, how do I know this won't happen again? I'm going on a trip soon, and I'm new to the said country. My phone will be crucial to the trip, and I will not want to have to deal with this situation in foreign grounds

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 8:40 AM

Hello MMYLMB21,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Which iOS version is currently installed on your iPhone? You can find this information under: Settings > General > About.

iOS 16.1.2 is the latest version, so if you have any pending update, please back up your device, and install them by following the steps here:

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Keeping your device up-to-date on software is an important troubleshooting step as it maintains your iPhone running smoothly.

Next, let's check the Battery Health by navigating to: Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

Once a battery reaches 80%, we do recommend it be replaced. For more information, check this out:

Check the iPhone battery health and usage - Apple Support

Also, make sure your iPhone is operating in recommended operating temperatures as explained here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

If you didn't find any issues with your battery and it is already updated, please reach out to Apple Support for further assistance. You can contact them using this link: Apple Support

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2022 8:40 AM in response to MMYLMB21

Hello MMYLMB21,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Which iOS version is currently installed on your iPhone? You can find this information under: Settings > General > About.

iOS 16.1.2 is the latest version, so if you have any pending update, please back up your device, and install them by following the steps here:

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Keeping your device up-to-date on software is an important troubleshooting step as it maintains your iPhone running smoothly.

Next, let's check the Battery Health by navigating to: Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

Once a battery reaches 80%, we do recommend it be replaced. For more information, check this out:

Check the iPhone battery health and usage - Apple Support

Also, make sure your iPhone is operating in recommended operating temperatures as explained here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

If you didn't find any issues with your battery and it is already updated, please reach out to Apple Support for further assistance. You can contact them using this link: Apple Support

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

iPhone Turns off Overnight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.