Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 plus freezing and rebooting constantly, started yesterday

I have an iPhone 7 plus, it was updated to the latest IOS 15.7.1 between 1-2 weeks ago.

Starting yesrterday afternoon, it started freezing, then rebooting. Then I would be able to use it for a few minutes and then it would freeze and reboot again. Sometimes, it shows a black screen with a spinning wheel for a bit before it reboots. A little reseach shows that there was a bug back in iOS 11 called CVE-2018-4124 where iphones had this exact same behavior and information says that the bug caused the Springboard to crash.

My analytics data shows a lot of logs recently listing panic full no successful check-ins from Springboard in 180 seconds......

It sounds like the same bug. Are there any other reports of this recently? How do I fix it?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 9:58 AM

It might be time for a new battery.

Batteries degrade over time with usage, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2022 9:58 AM in response to Tgcrivard

It might be time for a new battery.

Batteries degrade over time with usage, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

iphone 7 plus freezing and rebooting constantly, started yesterday

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.