Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Contact Notes when Merged Contacts - Please Help

Hi! I recently followed iphone’s suggestion to merge duplicate contacts and in the process the notes that I have for my contacts (important information) was removed. How do I get it back please? I need these notes!!! HELP please!

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 2:40 PM

Hey cfiacco,

If you use iCloud and your contacts are synced with it, you may be able to restore an earlier version. Restoring an older version may restore the notes. To restore contacts, follow the steps below, or click here: Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com.

1. "On iCloud.com, click the App Launcher button in the toolbar, then click Data Recovery.
  2. Click Restore Contacts.
  3. Available versions are listed by the date and time they were archived.
  4. To the right of the version you want to restore, click Restore.
  5. There may be more versions than can be displayed. Scroll to see them all.
  6. Note: Wait until iCloud finishes restoring your contacts before you change them. During the restore process, any changes you make are not saved."

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2022 2:40 PM in response to cfiacco

Hey cfiacco,

If you use iCloud and your contacts are synced with it, you may be able to restore an earlier version. Restoring an older version may restore the notes. To restore contacts, follow the steps below, or click here: Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com.

1. "On iCloud.com, click the App Launcher button in the toolbar, then click Data Recovery.
  2. Click Restore Contacts.
  3. Available versions are listed by the date and time they were archived.
  4. To the right of the version you want to restore, click Restore.
  5. There may be more versions than can be displayed. Scroll to see them all.
  6. Note: Wait until iCloud finishes restoring your contacts before you change them. During the restore process, any changes you make are not saved."

Take care.

Lost Contact Notes when Merged Contacts - Please Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.