Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact notes DISAPPEARED when contact was "updated". Please help

From my MacBook, in the messaging app, I recently clicked the offered banner notification to update the contact. When I did so, the person's contact on my iPhone lost all the note info I had accumulated. I often use the notes field in contacts for ongoing and important info. NOW ITS GONE! Oh, joy - the person's contact picture was updated yet all the more important associated note info is gone. This is not a helpful "update" option whatsoever. Can this data be recovered? How do I prevent this loss in the future / maintain the notes field in my contacts across iPhone and MacBook?

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 7:35 AM

Contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks and more using ...

Similar questions

2 replies

Contact notes DISAPPEARED when contact was "updated". Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.