Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth and "Normal Call" Voice Problem

Hello, i have a strange problem and i can't find the solution...maybe someone can please enlighten me?

I have an Iphone 11 Pro. Sometimes i use it with the car bluetooth, sometimes i use it with bluetooth earphones (Apple Airpods 2nd generation).

Call with facetime or whatsapp are good, using bluetooth devices or not.

"Normal calls" (i don't know how to call them, the call you do from iphone to a "normal" house telephone) are good without the bluetooth devices, but my voice (the voice quality the other person hear) is very bad. Only with bluetooth devices and normal calls.

I already tried turning off and on again the bluetooth, unpairing the devices etc etc.

The airpods were tested with another phone, and there is no problem with them in normal calls.

So...any idea? Please?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 3:50 PM

Hello,

Hmm, so your bluetooth device's microphone does not work properly, correct?

See this:

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

If your bluetooth device is Apple's AirPods, try this:

Open the Settings app and go to the Bluetooth section. Next to the AirPods entry on the list of devices, you should see an “i” icon inside of a circle. Tap this, then select microphone, and set it to either left, right or automatic. Try switching it back and forth.

In any case, test with the Voice Memos app.

Good luck.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2022 3:50 PM in response to AllTheNamesAreTaken2

Hello,

Hmm, so your bluetooth device's microphone does not work properly, correct?

See this:

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

If your bluetooth device is Apple's AirPods, try this:

Open the Settings app and go to the Bluetooth section. Next to the AirPods entry on the list of devices, you should see an “i” icon inside of a circle. Tap this, then select microphone, and set it to either left, right or automatic. Try switching it back and forth.

In any case, test with the Voice Memos app.

Good luck.

Bluetooth and "Normal Call" Voice Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.