Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove VPN from Menu Bar

How do I remove the VPN from the Menu bar? It's not listed in the Control Center "Menu Bar Only". I don't have one configured in Network Settings (I use a third party app).

How do I get rid of the icon on the Menu Bar?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 8:11 AM

Did you try holding down the Command key and dragging the icon out of the menu bar?

10 replies

Dec 6, 2022 7:58 AM in response to Boat Guy

Boat Guy wrote:

No thank you.

Why isn't Etrecheck in the MacOS App Store?

Apple has plenty of resources to release such a silver bullet diagnostic tool, but has not.

If that is your only contribution, then thank you, please move on.

Q - " Why isn't Etrecheck in the MacOS App Store? "

A - Because Apple requires the Developer to pay Apple a percentage of every sale to Apple

A- Because the Version that , once was on the Apple Store, Apple Imposed Restrictions of how deep the Application could analysis and collect data. In so doing the Application was hobbled and ineffective for purpose IMHO

Q - " Apple has plenty of resources to release such a silver bullet diagnostic tool, but has not. "

A - The reference to " silver bullet diagnostic tool " there is none implied or explicit appearing anywhere. It is what it is.

A - That is Best Asked from Apple after all they are a $2T Company Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple.

Q - " If that is your only contribution, then thank you, please move on. "

A - You are welcome for the free advise which may have otherwise cost the user expenses to have this issue looked into.

A - The suggestions have been put forth on a volunteer basis, in good faith and in the best interests of the computer.

A - There have been reliable information that even Apple Support has use the same Etrecheck Application as a diagnostic tool.

Dec 6, 2022 7:25 AM in response to Boat Guy

This is a bit too much back and forth question and answer.

To get a better look at this computer situation ➡️

Etrecheck

Download the Application Etrecheck directly from the Developer.

This is a Diagnostic Tool that makes no changes to the computer.

It makes a coherent and readable inventory of both the Hardware and Software used on the computer 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - >>>> using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last ) <<<<

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues

Remove VPN from Menu Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.