Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service

Good afternoon. in August, they bought an iPhone in America, later it turned out that it did not work, it never turned on, they took it to the service, refused to repair it, the reason was "unauthorized modification". The box with the wire was not given away. What to do with the phone? It's not our fault that there was a defective phone. who is responsible for this?

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 10:36 AM

Who is they? Where was the phone purchased? Where was the phone taken for service and was refused? I'm not sure what you mean by the box with the wire was not given away? What did the repair facility determine was an unauthorized modification?

11 replies

Dec 6, 2022 11:16 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes, the phone was bought in Miami. Then we went to Russia, presented it, opened it, started turning it on, but it didn't turn on. They were taken to Los Angeles for service, refused repairs, were not changed to a new one and the money was not returned. What to do? The company's mistake, they sold a defective phone. They didn't pay for the repair, it wasn't done, they just made a diagnosis, they said that the phone was already turned on, although it was packed and we couldn't turn it on once

Dec 6, 2022 11:37 AM in response to Veronika0505

I still do not understand why Apple is stating that it had an unauthorized modification. Apple could not refund your cost of the iPhone because I expect that more than 14 days had passed. If they could not repair the device, it would seem the unauthorized modification has voided the warranty.

You are not speaking with Apple here, this is a user to user support forum. You need to deal directly with Apple on this. No one here can assist you, we are users like you are.

Service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.