Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t access email on my ipad

I use Live.com for email. Always been to access on my iPad until now.

it is asking for an updated password on for Outlook.

it goes to “settings”, then “passwords & accounts”, then asks me to re-enter password.

When I click on “re-enter password”, it tries to open a page for 1-2 seconds then reverts back to the previous page over and over.

iPad Air, 12

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 3:37 PM

Some email providers now require the use of App Specific Passwords when accessing mail over IMAP or POP3. If this applies to your email account, you will need to generate a unique password for your iPad email account - that will differ from your normal Account Password. As examples - AOL, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft all use App Specific Passwords when using anything other than their own email client Apps.

Microsoft accounts include live.com, outlook.com and hotmail.com domains.

If you need to generate an App Specific Password, you’ll need to log-in to your Mail Providers account management webpage - using a web browser - and generate the Password from the appropriate account security page.

More details about Microsoft App Passwords can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/using-app-passwords-with-apps-that-don-t-support-two-step-verification-5896ed9b-4263-e681-128a-a6f2979a7944

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2022 3:37 PM in response to mwdehaven

Some email providers now require the use of App Specific Passwords when accessing mail over IMAP or POP3. If this applies to your email account, you will need to generate a unique password for your iPad email account - that will differ from your normal Account Password. As examples - AOL, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft all use App Specific Passwords when using anything other than their own email client Apps.

Microsoft accounts include live.com, outlook.com and hotmail.com domains.

If you need to generate an App Specific Password, you’ll need to log-in to your Mail Providers account management webpage - using a web browser - and generate the Password from the appropriate account security page.

More details about Microsoft App Passwords can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/using-app-passwords-with-apps-that-don-t-support-two-step-verification-5896ed9b-4263-e681-128a-a6f2979a7944

Can’t access email on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.