Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard keeps changing to British - PC

Since I upgraded to macOS Monterey my keyboard keeps changing from British to British - PC. Why is this happening? I change it back and then for some reason or other it changes back at some stage to the incorrect setting.

iMac

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 10:53 AM

4 replies

Dec 10, 2022 2:13 PM in response to RobbieSnr

Hello RobbieSnr,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It looks like the language on your keyboard keeps changing, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

When did you first notice this issue?

Can you recall anything changing on the Mac around the time this started like updating the software or installing a new app? 

To get started, please check out these helpful links below.

Change Keyboard settings on Mac

Specify a keyboard type on Mac

The reason why we’re recommending the steps above is because they directly address the issue you initially reached out to the community about, which is that after upgrading to macOS Monterey, your keyboard keeps changing from British to British - PC.

If the original problem persists after trying the previous steps, please provide us with specifics on what you see for more help, and we will continue from there. 

Cheers!

Keyboard keeps changing to British - PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.