Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone stuck on apple logo

My iphone XR is stuck on the apple logo with black screen. I have followed the steps: up, down, hold side, etc. Logged in to iTunes and connected phone. When I just update, it says I need to update to latest iTunes, which I did and is the most current. But it still keeps saying that I need to update iTunes. Anything else I can try other than restoring my phone completely?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 4:47 PM

Hey there stb655,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. If your iPhone is booting to an Apple logo but not progressing, the steps outlined in the Apple Support article If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support are designed to help. Specifically, take a look at the "If your iPhone turns on but gets stuck during start up" section of the article, which directly addresses your issue.

If you've gone through these steps choosing the update option but updating does not resolve the issue, you will need to use the restore option.

If you receive an error that you need to update iTunes but you have, make sure your computer software is up-to-date as well. If it's not, you may not be getting the most recent version of iTunes available, but rather the most recent version available for your computer's software.

Don't hesitate to respond back if you still need help.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2022 4:47 PM in response to stb655

Hey there stb655,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. If your iPhone is booting to an Apple logo but not progressing, the steps outlined in the Apple Support article If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support are designed to help. Specifically, take a look at the "If your iPhone turns on but gets stuck during start up" section of the article, which directly addresses your issue.

If you've gone through these steps choosing the update option but updating does not resolve the issue, you will need to use the restore option.

If you receive an error that you need to update iTunes but you have, make sure your computer software is up-to-date as well. If it's not, you may not be getting the most recent version of iTunes available, but rather the most recent version available for your computer's software.

Don't hesitate to respond back if you still need help.

Have a great day!

Phone stuck on apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.