Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am the admin for my account but can't change permissions...

Hi-I am running Ventura on my 2020 M1 MBP. When I highlight my hard drive and go to the bottom I noticed that in Sharing & Permissions I can't change the "wheel" & "everyone" to Read & Write. Is that the way it's supposed to be? I unlock the lock and put in my password but I get the message that I can't do that... See screenshot. Thank you for your help! Merry Christmas!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 7:15 AM

Refer to image below and compare

I am the Sole Administrator of this M1 Mac Mini running Ventura 13.01. and not even a Guest Account ( which is disabled - personal preferences )

There are aspects of Ventura the use has control over and those are Only located in the User Account ( Home folder )

The Operating System in Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura resided in a Sealed and Read Only Volume that can not be opened by the User

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2022 7:15 AM in response to mrstee

Refer to image below and compare

I am the Sole Administrator of this M1 Mac Mini running Ventura 13.01. and not even a Guest Account ( which is disabled - personal preferences )

There are aspects of Ventura the use has control over and those are Only located in the User Account ( Home folder )

The Operating System in Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura resided in a Sealed and Read Only Volume that can not be opened by the User

I am the admin for my account but can't change permissions...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.