Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone stuck at 'preparing to transfer' step (from Iphone 7 to Iphone 12 mini)

I have been using Iphone 7 (128GB) since many years, Now I have bought an Iphone 12 mini (128 GB).

I have been trying since last 3 days to transfer (migrate) all my data-settings to my new iphone.

The process starts smoothly, but at always gets stuck at "Preparing to Transfer" step.

I have waited around 4-5 hours also but it did not start the real transferring process as seen in many YouTube videos and discussion forums.

Sometimes after around 2-3 hours it just shows 'error'...

Both my iPhones are running the latests iOS supported in them. Pl. show some light on this issue. I am really fed up trying since last 3 days.....

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 6:34 AM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2022 12:33 PM in response to Swaral_soor

Hello Swaral_soor,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

While attempting that transfer are both devices fully up to date, have bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled, are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and connected to power?

If so, and you're not able to transfer your data, are you able to transfer using one of the other methods listed in here: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Testing that will help determine what may be happening here.

Cheers!

iphone stuck at 'preparing to transfer' step (from Iphone 7 to Iphone 12 mini)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.