Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes name fields

Is there any way to make song names uneditable in iTunes list views? I find it very annoying if I click on a song to select it, and if I make a mistake and click on the name (which takes up most of the song label field, instead of selecting the song, I open the field to edit the name.

If I want to change a name in a label, I go to the Song Info. where I can edit what I want, and change parameters over a range of songs all at once. I'd be much happier if I could use the whole song label to select it...

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 1:53 AM

A single click should select the song, unless it is already selected in which case clicking in a text field allows you to edit it. You can click anywhere along the row to select it. If you make a point of clicking on the numeric fields then even if you click twice in error you're not going to start editing anything.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2022 1:53 AM in response to ccccclark

A single click should select the song, unless it is already selected in which case clicking in a text field allows you to edit it. You can click anywhere along the row to select it. If you make a point of clicking on the numeric fields then even if you click twice in error you're not going to start editing anything.

tt2

Dec 9, 2022 9:27 AM in response to ccccclark

Thanks so much for the reply. You exactly state what's happening, and iTunes is supposed to work that way. The reason it's a problem for me is that at 70 my eye/hand co-ordination ain' what it used to be, and I will frequently double-click where I intend to single click (this tendency might be called "clicker's palsy";-), thereby opening the name field. If I pay close attention and click or double-click outside the name field there's no problem. I just need train myself to do that, but since most of the name field is the text name, this is kind of counter-intuitive.

I'm also going to check Accessibily Options for help with this. There may be a setting whereby two clicks very close to each other count as one, and a double-click needs to have a certain time interval between the clicks. I must believe there are others with my problem, which in any case is minor.

iTunes name fields

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.