Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I merge my 2 Apple ids.

I have apple ids I only looked into my old one ti retrieve pictures of my kids now I can’t switch back. Is there some way to merge ids

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 7:48 AM

Hello Wtf2110,

Merging Apple accounts (IDs) or transferring data is not officially supported, nor can it be done easily or completely. Read the links below for things you may need to do to transfer as much as is possible.

Apr. 2018 post by ASC helper Winston Churchill on transferring data from one Apple ID to another. Can I merge two iCloud accounts - Apple Community

Feb. 2021 tips from Eric Root Apple ID - Apple Community

Look into using Family Sharing to continue to be able to use items purchased with one Apple ID with other Apple IDs.

Family Sharing - What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Share folders with iCloud Drive --> Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Read How to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support about about how to share photos.

If you have signed into the ID on two devices then fortunately when you sign out of one ID and sign in with a different one it asks you in most cases if you wish to retain the data from it on your device. Say yes and then delete individual items you do not want.

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac --> Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

I see you also have problems with logging back in under your other ID. If another Apple ID is signed in you may need to enter the password for that ID to sign out of that ID first.

Click on this link to learn how to 'Sign in with your Apple ID' --> Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you would like to provide more details, such as error messages, about the signing in problem, we can try to help you with that.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2022 7:48 AM in response to Wtf2110

Hello Wtf2110,

Merging Apple accounts (IDs) or transferring data is not officially supported, nor can it be done easily or completely. Read the links below for things you may need to do to transfer as much as is possible.

Apr. 2018 post by ASC helper Winston Churchill on transferring data from one Apple ID to another. Can I merge two iCloud accounts - Apple Community

Feb. 2021 tips from Eric Root Apple ID - Apple Community

Look into using Family Sharing to continue to be able to use items purchased with one Apple ID with other Apple IDs.

Family Sharing - What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Share folders with iCloud Drive --> Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Read How to use Shared Albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support about about how to share photos.

If you have signed into the ID on two devices then fortunately when you sign out of one ID and sign in with a different one it asks you in most cases if you wish to retain the data from it on your device. Say yes and then delete individual items you do not want.

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac --> Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

I see you also have problems with logging back in under your other ID. If another Apple ID is signed in you may need to enter the password for that ID to sign out of that ID first.

Click on this link to learn how to 'Sign in with your Apple ID' --> Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you would like to provide more details, such as error messages, about the signing in problem, we can try to help you with that.

How do I merge my 2 Apple ids.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.