Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS can't detect 2.4 GHz network

I have gone to several friend's houses to try to connect my iPhone XS to their WiFi. But everytime I try to, the only network my phone can detect is 5 GHz and not 2.4 GHz.

I know a lot of iPhone having this problem, and base on the forum I've read, all they did was reset the modem and the problem was fixed.

But on my case, I've asked every friend of mine to reset every modem, even reset my phone's network settings, but still the problem is persistent.

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 5:39 AM

Network name (SSID)

Set to a single, unique name (case-sensitive) for all bands

The Wi-Fi network name, or service set identifier (SSID), is the name your network uses to advertise its presence to other devices. It's also the name that nearby users will see on their device's list of available networks.

Use a name that's unique to your network, and make sure all routers on your network use the same name for every band they support.

• Don't use common names or default names such as linksysnetgeardlinkwireless or 2wire.
  • Don't give your 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz or 6 GHz bands different names. All bands should have the same name.

If you don't follow this guidance, your devices may not connect reliably to your network, to all of the routers on your network or to all of the available bands of your routers. And devices that join your network are more likely to encounter other networks that have the same name, and then automatically try to connect to them.

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2022 5:39 AM in response to KarizhiaGienFlores

Network name (SSID)

Set to a single, unique name (case-sensitive) for all bands

The Wi-Fi network name, or service set identifier (SSID), is the name your network uses to advertise its presence to other devices. It's also the name that nearby users will see on their device's list of available networks.

Use a name that's unique to your network, and make sure all routers on your network use the same name for every band they support.

• Don't use common names or default names such as linksysnetgeardlinkwireless or 2wire.
  • Don't give your 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz or 6 GHz bands different names. All bands should have the same name.

If you don't follow this guidance, your devices may not connect reliably to your network, to all of the routers on your network or to all of the available bands of your routers. And devices that join your network are more likely to encounter other networks that have the same name, and then automatically try to connect to them.

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

iPhone XS can't detect 2.4 GHz network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.