Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external monitor crashing and flickering when connnected to macbook pro

Hello Apple Support Community,

First, if you're reading this, thank you. So the problem is when I connect my M1 MacBook Pro to my HP P24v G4, the display starts to crash, the MacBook does not crash, just the display itself. I'm using a docking station and it's not one meant for a Mac. This problem only happened on macOS Ventura as my cousin's same M1 MacBook Pro on macOS Big Sur, (he never updates it) worked completely fine. So is it a software issue or a hardware one?

Thanks,

rudra102

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 1:59 PM

Hi there rudra102,

If you're having issues with an external display, the following steps may help you resolve it:

1: Close the lid on your Mac notebook computer to put it to sleep.

2: Connect the power adapter to your Mac and a power outlet.

3: Reconnect your Mac to an external display.

4: Connect a USB keyboard, mouse, or trackpad to your Mac.
If you’re using a wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad, make sure it’s turned on.

5: Wait a few seconds, then press any key on the external keyboard, or use the mouse or trackpad, to wake your Mac.

If your wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad isn’t connected (paired) with your Mac, Bluetooth Setup Assistant opens so you can connect them.

If you can’t see your Mac desktop on an external display

We hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 1:59 PM in response to rudra102

Hi there rudra102,

If you're having issues with an external display, the following steps may help you resolve it:

1: Close the lid on your Mac notebook computer to put it to sleep.

2: Connect the power adapter to your Mac and a power outlet.

3: Reconnect your Mac to an external display.

4: Connect a USB keyboard, mouse, or trackpad to your Mac.
If you’re using a wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad, make sure it’s turned on.

5: Wait a few seconds, then press any key on the external keyboard, or use the mouse or trackpad, to wake your Mac.

If your wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad isn’t connected (paired) with your Mac, Bluetooth Setup Assistant opens so you can connect them.

If you can’t see your Mac desktop on an external display

We hope this helps!

external monitor crashing and flickering when connnected to macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.