Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ventura printer presets

Since upgrading to Ventura 13.0.1, my iMac no longer retains presets for printing on the Kyocera printer, print instructions to print single-sided result in double-sided output, and print instructions for envelopes with correct orientation come out upside down, but only occasionally and from different cassettes.

While I appreciate the existence of Apple Support, here is a list of unsuccessful attempts to resolve the problem:

• Running capture data with a detailed print job
  • Submitting screen recording (it got lost).
  • Using TextEdit
  • Resetting the printer system repeatedly
  • Getting another printer
  • Waiting for the engineers to address this low-priority although pervasive issue
  • Getting a senior advisor instead of an advisor.
  • Senior advisor voting on a case report from last month to link it to any other case
  • Senior advisor submitting an RTA ticket to engineers
  • Dozens of calls from Apple Support
  • Dozens of chats with Apple (bots?)

Kyocera confirms that this is an Apple issue, arising from the Ventura upgrade.

It is not recommended to remove Ventura because there are too many other involved threads and pieces and connections.

so I'm stuck with an OS that does not communicate with the printer, and wait on the mercy of engineers?

Apple Support has been unable to provide a solution beyond "get another printer", although Senior Advisor Jorge says it will be "1-3 business days" (but many more business days have passed since then, without a solution), and Senior Advisor April says it takes months because the engineers cannot focus on a third-party device issue (although the there was no issue prior to the update).

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 8:45 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

ventura printer presets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.