Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watching VR on my iPhone

I've installed several VR apps and I am using the soon-to-be-defunct iTunes and MediaTrans on my Windows PC. I can transfer the downloaded VR videos from my PC to my iPhone easily enough (they show up in a "Home Videos" folder) but none of the installed VR apps recognize the videos on my phone! I've tried everything.

Funny, the AppleTV app has no trouble accessing the VR videos (an option to search the Home Videos folder is available) but AppleTV is not a VR player like Homido, which I installed on my iPhone but fails to again, 'find' the videos.

Does anyone know how to get my iPhone to play VR videos? If you are successful, how do you do it?

I am using an iPhone 8, iOS version 16.1.2 and a gasp! Windows 11 64bit Laptop from which I am transferring the videos from.

I love my iPhone! But my ol' Android phone simply allowed me to cut/copy and paste files into folders, like DCIM, when plugged into my PC. I've come to realize that with Apple, things are bit restrictive and tricky to say the least.

I read that the new Macs don't use iTunes at all... maybe this Christmas I might have to splurge and gift myself one :)

Thanks for your time!

Happy Holidays!

Rad

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 7:29 PM

After much scouring of the Internet and thru trial & error, I finally found a VR player app that works! It's called, wait for it! VR player. It seems to be the only one that can access all the folders on my iPhone - including where all the videos are placed when using WinX Media Trans or AnyTrans to upload videos from my pc. I hope this helps anyone else who was in the same predicament.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 7:29 PM in response to RadCaz

After much scouring of the Internet and thru trial & error, I finally found a VR player app that works! It's called, wait for it! VR player. It seems to be the only one that can access all the folders on my iPhone - including where all the videos are placed when using WinX Media Trans or AnyTrans to upload videos from my pc. I hope this helps anyone else who was in the same predicament.

Watching VR on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.