Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clock set to 3rd October 2022

Macbook Air has not been used for a month or so and looks like was left on and the battery has run flat. The date and time had reset to 1st April, (didn't notice what year) So reset it in the settings using auto updates but that has set the date at 3rd October. I could live with that but will not allow access to some websites because of certificate issues. Some apps will not work either.

Need help in how to set it (yes time zones are all correct etc etc)

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 5:49 AM

Chicken1966 wrote:

Macbook Air has not been used for a month or so and looks like was left on and the battery has run flat. The date and time had reset to 1st April, (didn't notice what year) So reset it in the settings using auto updates but that has set the date at 3rd October. I could live with that but will not allow access to some websites because of certificate issues. Some apps will not work either.

You do not say what exact Macbook Air... as far as I know there are 21 different models 2008-2022 (?)

You can sync w/ Apple's time server from the Terminal.app copy and paste:

sudo sntp -sS time.apple.com

Terminal User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 5:49 AM in response to Chicken1966

Chicken1966 wrote:

You do not say what exact Macbook Air... as far as I know there are 21 different models 2008-2022 (?)

You can sync w/ Apple's time server from the Terminal.app copy and paste:

sudo sntp -sS time.apple.com

Terminal User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Clock set to 3rd October 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.